It has been said that without vision it is difficult to steer a course for the future. At Mt. Salus Christian School, our vision is to impact the lives of our students for Christ by teaching them from a Christian worldview. This means preparing our future leaders for a world ahead that currently already scoffs (think of Proverbs) at Christians. We want our students to graduate prepared for what God has created them to be. College preparatory/vocational study/the workforce/ need to be aspects of the education of a child in the 21st century. Our goal is to do this and strive to be better at it every year through God’s grace. What will a student that graduates from Mt. Salus look like?
- One that defends the Christian faith from a Christian worldview perspective
- Leaders that understand service from a Biblical context
- Servants: serving the community in a manner that glorifies God
- Prepared for college Academically and Spiritually (be able to defend the Christian faith in a secular academic world)
- Prepared for vocational training—more students are opting out of college or college may not be the path they need to take.We want these students to have the skills to be prepared for the workforce/vocational training.Companies need workers with technology skills: computer, robotic, software, etc.In addition there are skill specific jobs that need skilled workers: electricians, plumbers, carpenters, etc.We need entrepreneurs with business skills for the changing business world.