Color Code System
Green indicates that all school activities are meeting in person with minimal risk and pre-COVID conditions. This will happen once government and health agencies report that we are no longer under stringent pandemic guidelines.
This is our current pandemic (COVID-19) plan. This is where face to face education and activities related to the school are all guided by our MSCS Health and Safety Reopening Plan 2020/ COVID Plan.
This is how we will start the school year.
In this scenario, should it arise, all classes will be held through our distance learning plan—online/packets. This plan will be in effect as long as safety and health merits.
Daily Policies & Procedures
- K3-K5 students will be dropped off and picked up at the Kindergarten building.
- 1st- 12th-grade students will be dropped off under the awning next to the church offices.
- 1st-5th-grade students will be guided to the hallway near their classrooms.
- 6th-12th-grade will be guided to the cafeteria.
Late arrival: If a student is tardy they must check-in at the school office and have their temperature taken before going to class. Parents should not leave campus until their child is cleared to stay.
Parent/Visitor Building Access
The main school entrance is reserved for parents/guardians/visitors. You must check-in at the school office as usual upon arrival. Please call in advance before entering the building.
- Students’ temperature will be checked upon arrival and periodically throughout the day.
- If a temperature check registers at 100.4 or higher the student will not be permitted to remain at school.
- Please check your student’s temperature each morning before leaving for school.
- Every student is required to bring a solid color mask to school each day.
- Students and teachers are not required to wear a mask all day.
- Students are asked to wear one when in the hallway during class changes.
Cafeteria Food Services
- All cafeteria staff will wear a mask and gloves during food prep.
- Only approved personnel are allowed in the kitchen.
- Student snack helpers are required to wear a mask and gloves and will be limited to a specific area of the kitchen.
- Meals will be individually portioned in disposable containers.
Athletics & Extracurriculars
Our first priority is providing an excellent academic experience. We will assess the safest plan for athletics and extracurriculars as each season approaches during the school year.
We will do our best to make athletics and extracurriculars available when it’s reasonably safe and logistically possible.