Parents and Students,
I am excited about what is going on at Mt. Salus. In the past few weeks, we had some great school events and start of new clubs and programs:
- Elementary Fall Field Trip to Whittle Farm
- Fall Festival—the weather did not keep us from having a great time with friends, our community, and alumni. Fun, food, fellowship and music were in abundance inside.
- Meet the Eagles—we met all our Eagles: Girls Soccer (inaugural season), Cross-country (which just finished a good season), Cheerleaders, Elementary Basketball (great numbers are going to participate in our intramural format), JVG Basketball, JVB Basketball, and VB Basketball
- Homecoming Court — we had a great Homecoming court and crowned our 2017-18 queen: Ashley Wiegand
- Sole Sisters Run Club— a group of young ladies that have committed to run and exercise with Mrs. Buchanan
- Basketball season has started!
- School newspaper has started and is being led by Mrs. Crosby
- Relay for Life this spring—coordinated by Mrs. Davis
- FCA is meeting weekly and will be sponsoring Christmas for 2 children through the MC FCA Huddle
- SGA meets weekly and has been to a workshop under the leadership of Ms Kinsey
- Thanksgiving Meal on Nov. 16 is next (details were sent this week)—a group of teachers and staff are cooking to make this happen (please return the form)
- Christmas with the Arts: Dec. 11 (more details to follow)
To see things like this excites me. It also ties in with our school— The Way Eagles Soar:
- We seek Christ
- We seek to honor & glorify God in all we do
- We seek growth: spiritually, mentally, and emotionally
- We seek excellence: academics, arts & athletics
- We serve, respect & honor
- We Lead
The Way Eagles Soar has been printed on posters and is around our school to remind us of what we stand for and what we seek. Students have been given a free decal for them to place where they choose. I am proud to be a part of the Mt. Salus family—thank you for supporting this team and let us continue to strive to soar to the highest.
Please check out our Facebook page for recent pictures of these events: like and share.